Thursday, October 20, 2011

Reading

This will be very interesting because I've never created a blog in my life, but I'm excited to try!

Well lets see I decided to do my first post on what I like and my favorite thing to do is read books especially crime novels/mysteries and Black contemporary fiction. Due to all the work that goes along with trying to get things in order to graduate in Dec, I have not had anytime to read anything new. However, if you like crime novels/mysteries or anything of that nature J.A. Jance is an author I would highly recommend to read. She's a definite favorite and I've read pretty much read all of her books to date. Jance's novels are broken down into four different series: J.P. Beaumont, Ali Reynolds, Joanna Brady, and the Walker series. Each series is unique and different from each other, the characters are well developed and likable, and her writing is amazing!  All her books have great and intriguing twists that keep you interested and on the edge of your seat. I hope you check some of them out their awesome reads! I've included a link to her site at the end of the blog just in case you want to check it out for yourself.

When it comes to Black contemporary fiction I have many favorite authors, but my main favorite is Kimberla Lawson Roby. Her novels will have you laughing, crying, and wanting more. Roby has one series the Reverend Curtis Black series and a bunch of stand alone titles dealing with many different characters and stories. The Curtis Black series are the novels I enjoy reading the most, but all of the stand alone titles I read were just as good. Her novels are easy to understand and enjoy as well as being overall exciting reads. Roby writes with so much emotion and her characters are easy to relate too, easy to love, and easy to hate. I've also included a link to Roby's site as well so you can check her out as well. Both of these authors are beyond talented and write fantastic novels that will not disappoint :)

Links:

J.A. Jance

Kimberla Lawson Roby

1 comment:

  1. Erin,
    Nice start on your blog. Let me know when you get more entries posted.
    DB

    ReplyDelete